Eberhardt Senior Community began over 50 years ago when Community Retirement, Inc. a Not-For-Profit Corporation was formed by the Arthur community to develop, build, and run a nursing home for local seniors. Elsie Eberhardt and Emma Eberhardt were a part of Community Retirement, Inc. and donated the land that our campus resides on in memory of their parents. The Arthur Home was opened in September of 1959 as a non-profit nursing home with just 40 beds.
A 29-bed addition was completed in 1975, bringing the total bed capacity to 69 at The Arthur Home. In 2008, Eberhardt Village was constructed to provide assisted living services to the Eberhardt Senior Community campus. With this addition in services, also came an addition for The Arthur Home adding two new dining rooms, kitchen and office space. Several of The Arthur Home shared rooms were converted to private rooms in 2009, changing the bed capacity to 53. Independent Living began in 2017 and is currently still in the development stages with one duplex constructed and at capacity. Duplexes will continue to be constructed on our large campus.
The Eberhardt Senior Community continues to be run by Community Retirement, Inc. Our board of directors is comprised of local community members who are dedicated to providing quality service to our local seniors.